BowStern Launches Marketing Half-Marathon
To celebrate 13 awards, firm will give away 13 hours of work to local nonprofit
(Tallahassee, Fla.) BowStern Marketing Communications, a fully-integrated firm headquartered in Tallahassee, set a company record at the American Advertising Federation’s awards gala, the ADDYs, Saturday night by winning 13 awards. To celebrate their success, BowStern will focus the talents of their team on one local nonprofit for a “marketing half-marathon” of 13 straight hours of work. The goal is to use this marathon to positively impact a local nonprofit whose annual budget does not allow for robust marketing services. BowStern has launched an online application at BowStern.com/HalfMarathon, and representatives of the company are calling for area nonprofits to apply. Applications will be accepted through Mar. 2.
“We are honored to work with clients who empower us to produce the very best creative solutions on their behalf,” said Jeremy Spinks, Creative Director at BowStern. “Because the awards represent work from almost every service BowStern provides, we wanted to give back using facets of our team while playfully acknowledging the number of awards we won. There’s no better way to do that than a 13-hour marketing half-marathon to support one of the amazing nonprofits in our community.”
Interested nonprofits should apply through BowStern’s website. The winning organization will be selected by BowStern and announced the week of Mar. 5. Applications will be evaluated on degree and diversity of need and local impact. The winner will receive the full engagement of the company’s 33-member team across all divisions for 13 continuous hours. At the end of the marketing half-marathon, the BowStern team will present the creative solutions to the nonprofit.
“When we started BowStern, it was important to us that we find ways to give back to the community,” said Kelly Robertson, CEO and Co-Founder. “Every year, our company volunteers their time and talent in a variety of ways, and we also donate a portion of BowStern’s profits to local charities. This marketing half-marathon is a great way to pair company success with helping our community, and I could not be more proud of the team for using a big win as a reason to give back.”
BowStern’s 2018 ADDYs include:
- Best in Show (Digital): Outlaw Oyster Company Consumer Website
- Gold ADDY: Florida Manufactured Housing Association ‘Hand-Built Homes’ Brochure
- Gold ADDY: Outlaw Oyster Company Consumer Website
- Gold ADDY: Outlaw Oyster Company Logo Design
- Silver ADDY: BowStern Design Week Patches
- Silver ADDY: Momentum Fitness Consumer Website
- Silver ADDY: Redwire ‘Working for You’ Local TV Spot
- Silver ADDY: Florida Manufactured Housing Association ‘Hand-Built Homes’ Online Film/Video
- Silver ADDY: Gold’s Gym ‘Flatter Yourself’ Integrated Advertising Campaign
- Silver ADDY: Luminous Development Group Logo Design
- Silver ADDY: Florida Manufactured Housing Association Still Photography
- Silver ADDY: Redwire Sonic Brand
- Silver ADDY: WFSU Audio Brand
The ADDYs honor excellence in advertising while working to cultivate the highest creative standards. Judged by award-winning experts from across the state with decades of design experience, Tallahassee’s top ADDY entries will move on to a regional competition. The regional winners will then compete in June in Chicago at the national level.
For more information about the marketing half-marathon or to apply to win, please visit BowStern.com/HalfMarathon.